Things to do in Rio during your Stay at O Veleiro Bed and Breakfast
What to do in Rio de Janeiro during your stay at O Veleiro Bed and Breakfast you ask?
Of course that all depends on your time, your "style", whether you're here just to relax, have to do some business, want to explore some places "off the beaten path", just "do the Touristy things" (or avoid them all together!).
That said, there is definitely plenty to do here and to be discovered for every taste... and we are here to help you find what you're looking for!
- do some great "people watching" or get a tan at world famous Copacabana or Ipanema beaches
- better yet, take a trip with us out to Grumarí Beach - one of the 49 other beaches in Rio and a natural paradise - 60km from the house (and the beating masses) in Rio's west zone
- explore the nightlife in LAPA - take in some good samba music and dance at Carioca da Gema bar or one of the dozens of other good venues in this historic neighborhood
- take a walk through Rio's historic city center and grab a coffee and pastry at Confeitaria Colombo - a historic café built in 1894 with upscale décor, stained-glass windows, mirrors, gourmet chocolate & tea - also offering a great lunch buffet
- do some shopping - Botafogo Praia Shopping is a 15 min walk from the house and Rio Sul Shopping is just a little further from us, also here in Botafogo
- for something completely different, check out Fábrica Bhering in Santo Cristo neighborhood - an abandoned 1930's chocolate factory transformed into a home to dozens of artists with studios offering a variety of wares
- try a local café or juice bar - Rua Nelson Mandela near the Botafog metro station offers a local deli and several pubs and restaurants always buzzing with activity
- enjoy a gastronomic experience - you could try Aprazível Restauarant for example, in the historic neighbourhood of Santa Teresa
- take in a samba class - or during the months building up to Carnival, check out one of the local Samba School rehearsals
- join a Capoeira lesson, there is a group who meet weekly just 10min from the house in the contemporary cultural bar/ venue "Olho da Rua"
- try a cooking course - learn to cook Brazilian recipes, then eat! - a popular course is "Cook in Rio"
- do a Favela tour - visit one of Rio's many hillside communities or "comunidades" - we recommend doing this with a qualified guide for safety but we can arrange it for you
- take one of our in-house tours - one of your hosts is a registered guide with the Brazilian Ministry of Tourism - or arrange a customized private tour through us and choose just what you really want to see