O Veleiro Bed and Breakfast / Cama e Café
A unique accommodation experience awaits you in Rio de Janeiro!
We welcome you to our spacious heritage style family home with tropical gardens, a small pool, set on an almost unbelievable 10,000 square ft backdrop surrounded by remnants of Atlantic forest, visited by monkeys, wild parrots…
SPECIAL NOTE: We still have limited availability for the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, please contact us directly for rates by email: email@example.com
We are not a Hotel, Hostel, Pousada or Hospedaria, but rather a Bed and Breakfast or Guesthouse in a private family home, known as a Cama e Café or “Hospedagem Domiciliar” in accordance with the guidelines of the City of Rio (Prefeitura da cidade do Rio de Janeiro).
Enjoy your stay in comfortable individual rooms in our secure, friendly, homestay environment. We are located conveniently in the heart of south zone Rio close to major attractions
- Our area offers spectacular views of Sugar Loaf, Tijuca National Park & Corcovado
- Walking distance (aprox. 35 min.) from Christ Statue train or cable cars to the Sugar Loaf!
- We are minutes by taxi to Copacabana & Ipanema Beaches (or by bus or metro)
- 12 min. to buses/ 20 min. walk to Botafogo metro station +5-10 min. by metro to beaches
- Full, hearty Brazilian breakfast included – served daily 8 – 10am
- Library with books on Rio, Brazil and local flora & fauna plus book swap
- Poolside bar with hammocks and chaise lounges
- Free WiFi zone in most rooms, garden and common areas, computer available
*Recommended in the Trip Advisor Rio de Janeiro Guide 2009/2010 – “The best places to eat, sleep and play in Rio de Janeiro!”
Where to Stay – “Hidden Gems”
“O Veleiro is a designer’s dream, with a beautiful stone patio, hammocks and a lush tropical garden where monkeys, birds and a turtle visit. Run around Rio and return to this peaceful home.”